Our School Ethos & Aims
The agreed School Aims are set out below:
- To provide a centre of learning excellence for 11 - 19 year olds in the King's Norton area and beyond, catering for the educational, vocational, social and cultural needs of its students.
- To strengthen the relationship between the school, parents, and the wider community, including industry, commerce and the public services.
- To develop the school as a happy and safe community, exemplifying self-discipline, industry, co-operation, responsibility, compassion and courtesy, where all are treated as of equal worth regardless of status, gender, ethnic origin, creed or social class, and where special regard is paid to those with specific needs.
For all students:
- to develop to the full their potential and to encourage the highest possible standards of personal achievement so that all may participate fully and happily in adult life.
- to encourage critical awareness and an ability to think for themselves.
- to encourage and develop a sense of self-respect leading to respect for and sensitivity towards the needs and feelings of others.
- to develop an understanding of the community and the world in which they are growing up, and of their responsibility for promoting a healthy, compassionate and caring society.
- to encourage individual initiative and enterprise.